Saturday, April 12, 2008

Old Time Fresh from the Kitchen Hair Helpers



In the past I have used all kinds of things on my hair, to get that "perfect" head of hair. Well, as you can see from my postings, I'm still looking for good products that work. I have read so many articles from magazines that tout using things from the kitchen as moisturizers and conditioners from your very own kitchen. Egg yolks, mayonnaise and molasses for conditioning the hair and vinegar and baking soda for clarifying the hair etc. The list of things don't end. I have tried just about all of these things and had no noticeable difference in my hair at all. The only kitchen item that I frequently use on my hair is olive oil. I read an article some time ago where this woman, who had very thick and long hair, said that she used molasses on her hair as a conditioner. I tried the molasses thing, but didn't notice anything special about it either. I also have tried mashed avocado on my hair only to end up with a nasty mess to wash out of my hair. Maybe I need a food processor to finely blend the avocado or something. The vinegar hair rinse is okay to clarify your hair, but only if you regularly use a lot of product on your hair. I don't use a lot of product on my hair, and to date have only used a vinegar rinse once. I like to use a little gel on my hair and maybe a heavy moisturizer on occasion when I want a nicely slicked back hairstyle. I mostly concentrate on hair moisturizers and stuff like that because my hair can get dry very quickly. Lemons are also supposed to be good for the hair to remove buildup and make the hair shiny. Lemons can also be used to lighten the hair slightly in the summer months. You can use a q-tip to apply lemon juice to your hair and have nice highlights without dyeing the hair. I like the idea of using things from my kitchen to condition my hair etc.

No comments: