Saturday, May 24, 2008

My Hair



This is a photo of my freshly washed hair with no product on my hair (bottom photo). I conditioner washed my hair and then applied another conditioner and rinsed out my hair and this is how it looks after I finished. After I did the conditioner wash I decided to twist my hair up and I did just that (top photo). I used ORS Twist & Loc Gel *(the one with the coconut milk in it). I like the product but the only thing I don't like about it is that it made my hair stiff and tacky feeling after I removed the twists a week later. I also used ORS carrot oil, which I had not used in a while and now I know why I didn't. It caused my scalp to itch a lot and I was allergic to it. I'm going to try something a little different the next time I decide to twist my hair because when I remove my twists I don't like my hair to be dry, stiff or not feeling moisturized. After about two days with the twists I did put olive oil on each twist so that my hair wouldn't be too dry, but it didn't seem to help as much because the twist gel was way too stiff. I don't think that I would purchase the twist gel again when I'm done with it. I don't know if maybe I used a little too much of it since my hair is thick. Anyway, next time I'll use it more sparingly and see if I get better results.