Thursday, July 26, 2007

HAIR & MORE HAIR

To most women, hair represents our crowning glory. Especially Black women. There was always an unwritten law of do's and don'ts. We all know them...Don't go near water or get your hair wet, do put grease on your hair and scalp. Yuck! I never put grease on my hair, ever. "Grease" as we know it is mostly made up of petroleum. In other words, plastic. So every time you put grease on your hair, you are only coating it with a by product of plastic. Oils are fine for our type of hair. I like extra virgin olive oil personally. The same kind you cook with is what I use. I also happen to like the brand Jamaican Mango & Lime Cactus Oil. It smells very nice and keeps my hair feeling good. I have learned that you have to try out different things for your hair because what works for someone else may not always work for you. Experiment. Experiment. Experiment, until you find products that will give you the look you want for your hair. I'm still learning and trying out different things. I guess you could say that I'm sort of a product junkie, but that's okay, as long as I find what I want for my hair.

No comments: