Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dr. Bronner's Magic Peppermint Shampoo


I bought a bottle of Dr. Bonner's Peppermint shampoo to try out since I sometimes have a dry itchy scalp because I like to keep my hair braided up in the winter months, and I like it. I previously posted on the soap that I tried, but the shampoo is a little better than the bar soap. After shampooing my hair with this shampoo, my hair felt very soft to the touch. It didn't stop my scalp from itching and I still had some dryness and flaking on my scalp after using this particular shampoo. I still say it's a fairly good shampoo. Now I went to my usual BSS (beauty supply store) and priced it at $9.99 for, I believe, 16oz. bottle. I think I used to see a smaller bottle and wanted to try the smaller bottle in case I didn't like it and decided to check into another BSS to find it. I didn't find a smaller bottle, but found this product a little cheaper at $7.29, so I bought it. The consistency of this shampoo is rather watery. The label says it's concentrated and to dilute, but I just poured some in my hand and lathered away. This shampoo has no detergents and says it's 100% vegan. This shampoo is a castile based shampoo. Now one thing I noticed after using this shampoo is that it dried out my hair somewhat. So if you are going to use this shampoo, follow up with a good conditioner and a good leave-in type conditioner. Below I list some of the ingredients & claims of this shampoo.

Ingredients: Water, saponified organic coconut*, & organic olive* ( with retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, mentha arvensis, citric acie, vitamin E.

*Certified Fair Trade Ingredients (I don't know what this means)

Claims: 1 soap for 18 different uses. Guaranteed no synthetic peppermint oils and 100% vegetarian. Super mild castile has outstanding water softening and cleansing powers. Preferable to harsh soap & defattening synthetics. It does not cut dirt, but dissolves it. it is the mildest, most pleasant soap you ever used or your money back.

No comments: